Mr Toby Mizzi is a registered (general) psychologist.
- Masters of Psychology (Counselling)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Member of the Australia Psychological Society
- Currently completing registrar program for endorsement as a Counselling Psychologist
Toby has been a fully registered psychologist since 2012, and has worked primarily in a school setting since that time. Toby works with children and adolescents from Prep through to Year 12 and also has experience with adults and couples. Toby has significant experience working with younger people and utilises a gentle approach to counselling that is built upon a trusting and genuine rapport with the client.
Areas of Expertise:
- Developmental concerns (cognitive, social, emotional)
- School related difficulties
- Interpersonal / relationship difficulties
- Family conflict including divorce
- Anger management
- Grief &loss
Types of Treatment Modalities Used:
Toby uses a number of approaches to help clients, based primarily on the client and what will best suit them. Toby uses a number of cognitive and behavioural approaches (CBT) as well as integrating elements of mindfulness. His approach is person-centred in that a genuine therapeutic relationship is seen as a significant mechanism of positive change. Toby’s approach is always tailored to the client and takes into consideration their own beliefs, attitudes, insight, preparedness for change, cognitive and developmental stage (for children) and their own perceptions of the presenting concerns.