Alma is a registered psychologist.
Bachelor of Arts (Major in Psychology), University of Western Sydney
Postgraduate Diploma of Psychology, University of Western Sydney
Gained full registration via the 4+2 internship program
Member of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Working with children, adolescents, adults, and couples in various settings and from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Worked in private practices, pain clinic, charity/not for profit organisation assisting children with learning/behavioural difficulties, assisted injured workers to make a safe and durable return to work, provided Employee Assistance Counselling, provided Pain Management, and individual and group counselling for various presenting issues.
Fluent in Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian, and Macedonian and can provide therapy in these languages as well
Areas of Expertise:
- Anxiety – (Generalised, Panic Attacks, Separation Anxiety, Social Phobia, Specific Phobias)
- Stress Management (workplace and general)
- Sleep Difficulties
- Grief & Loss
- Self Esteem Issues
- Relationship/Parenting/Family Problems
- Postnatal Depression
- Adjustment Issues
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Behavioural Issues
- Learning/Developmental Delays
- Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome
- Childhood Abuse
- Crisis Counselling
- Developmental Issues and Trauma
- Cognitive/Psychometric Assessments (children and adults)
- Parental Issues
- Relationship Issues and Separation
- Domestic Violence
- Assertiveness Training
- WorkCover – Rehabilitation/Injury Counselling
- Harassment and Bullying
- Pain Management
- Employee Assistance Counselling (EAP)
Types of Treatment Modalities:
I am a client-centred therapist, dedicated to providing individualised treatment to my clients in a supportive, empathic and most importantly non-judgemental manner.
I draw upon a variety of interventions incorporating a wide range of therapy approaches including: Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, Person-Centred Approach, Play Therapy, and Psychoanalytic Therapy. I believe in the importance of engaging my clients in the therapy process whilst empowering them on their journey to overcome obstacles and improve their quality of life. My aim is to enhance individual’s ability to cope by drawing on their strengths and helping them to attain a sense of fulfilment.