Ms Emily Rimmer is a registered Psychologist and Counselling Psychology Registrar.
Emily has a Bachelor Degree (Science – Psychology) from the University of Melbourne and a Masters Degree in Psychology (Counselling) from Swinburne University. She also has a Diploma of Management and is currently completing a Graduate Certificate in Organisational Coaching also at Swinburne.
Emily has extensive experience in coaching, counselling, leading and mentoring, having worked in leadership and executive roles within a range of state government services for more than ten years including, education, behaviour consultancy, family support services, health and wellbeing, and disability.
Provides Services To:
Adults & Adolescents
Areas of Expertise:
- Work-life balance
- Stress and burnout
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Career uncertainty and transitions
- Relationship difficulties
- Conflict resolution
- Performance anxiety
- Child and adolescent behavioural problems
- Achieving personal goals
Emily is also skilled in assisting couples and families to achieve greater wellbeing and quality of life through developing their connectedness, their quality interactions and their ability to plan and work towards a shared vision of their future together.
Emily’s approach is effective in maximising the potential of leaders including senior managers and executives, as well as other individuals, in a range of life areas including leadership, career progression, wellbeing, relationships, personal fulfillment and work-life balance.
Emily’s professional approach is tailored to the individual’s goals and needs and may include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Interviewing
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy
- Systems Theory
- Interpersonal Process in Therapy
- GROW & PACER Coaching Models
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Play therapy