Jane Turner Goldsmith is a registered (General) psychologist.Experience:
Jane is a registered (general) psychologist with a background in health, education and counselling psychology. She is especially interested in mental and physical health and well-being and in nurturing people’s creativity – both in life and as applied to the challenges they may be facing in life. She has most recently worked in a University counselling service and with international students. Jane also speaks fluent French, having taught English as a Foreign Language in New Caledonia for four years.
Diploma in Applied Psychology
Master’s Degree in Psychology (Educational).
Member of Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Jane has experience working in the following settings: private, educational, hospital with adults.
Provide Services to:
Areas of Expertise:
- Creativity, Positive Psychology and Well-being
- Life/personal coaching
- Goal setting
- Practical Problem-solving
- Healthy Lifestyle (including weight management and sleep issues)
- Stress management/building resilience
- Motivational issues for writers/artists
- Anxiety Disorders
- Grief & Loss
- Autism spectrum disorder in adults
- Support for chronic illness/health-related concerns
- Adoption issues
- Cross-cultural issues
- Workplace stress
- Adjustment disorders
- Transition to workplace (young adults)
Types of Treatment Modalities Used:
Jane adopts a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches which draw on a number of therapies including Positive Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing and Solution Focused Therapy.