Ms Louise Jones is a registered (general) psychologist.
- Bachelor of Social Science (majoring in Psychology and Philosophy), Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Psychology, Swinburne University of Technology
- Master in Psychology (Counselling), Monash University
Louise has worked in a variety of settings, including the community mental health sector, youth and family services, disability employment services, and private practice.
She has a specific interest in working with trauma, personality issues, and chronic pain management from a holistic perspective that appreciates the connection between mind and body.
Provides Services To:
Older adults, Adults, Adolescents
Areas of Expertise:
- Anxiety (generalized, OCD, panic, and phobias)
- Personality Disorders
- Trauma (developmental, complex, and PTSD)
- Chronic Pain
- Loss and Grief
- Emotional dysregulation/anger issues
- Adjustment issues (life transitions and aging)
- Sleep difficulties
- Stress Management
Types of Treatment Modalities Used:
Louise has a warm and collaborative approach. She applies a holistic framework tailored to the specific needs of the individual by drawing on a range of modalities, including: Cognitive Behavioural therapy, Schema therapy, Dialectical Behavioural therapy, Acceptance and Commitment therapy, Mindfulness, Psychodynamic psychotherapy, positive psychology, and body-centred therapies. She is passionate about facilitating her clients’ ability to find meaning and personal growth in their life experiences, and feels immensely privileged to be able to work with them in achieving their therapeutic goals.