Ms Susan Haertel is a registered (General) psychologist.
Bachelor of Social Science, Honours (Family Therapy)
Australian Catholic University
Commenced Masters in Forensic Psychology and Criminology,
The University of Melbourne
Susan has extensive experience in working in the community in welfare and disability sectors with clients across the lifespan. Susan has had five years in private practice providing counselling to children in primary and secondary educational settings.
Provides Services to:
Children, Adolescents, Couples and Families.
Areas of Expertise:
- Generalized anxiety and depression
- Grief and loss
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Political refugee status
- Working with people with a disability (Asperger’s / autism / intellectual and physical disabilities.)
- Sexual / physical and emotional abuse
- Family breakdown/ relationship issues
- Family violence/ child abuse and neglect
- Aging and carer issues
Types of Treatment Modalities:
Susan uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Rogerian Therapy (client focussed, self-directed therapy). Mindfulness- based Cognitive approaches, Family Systems Therapy, and Play Therapy.